Real Estate Finance
Students in this concentration receive training in urban land markets, real estate investment and finance and urban development to accompany their general MBA education. Upon completion of this concentration, graduates will be ready to assume positions in development, real estate lending, real estate consulting, institutional real estate investment and corporate asset management.
Students interested in real estate finance should enroll in RE 386.2, Real Estate Investment Decisions, during the spring semester of their first year in the MBA program. This course prepares students for a summer internship with a real estate company during the summer between their first and second year in the MBA program. RE 386.2 would be the third elective available in the second semester and would be taken simultaneously with FIN 394.1 and FIN 397.1.
The Real Estate concentration is supported by the Real Estate Finance and Investment Center, a part of the Department of Finance. With the support of individuals and firms from the real estate and financial services industry, this center serves as the focal point for the development of the curriculum and research in the real estate finance field.
- FIN 286 - Valuation (flexible-core)
- FIN 394.1 - Advanced Topics in Corporate Finance
- FIN 397.1 - Investment Theory & Practice
- RE 386.2 - Real Estate Investment Decisions
Any two courses from the following:
- RE 389 - Real Estate Analysis Practicum
- RE 388 - Seminar in Real Estate Finance (Spring II)
- FIN 397.6 - Special Topics in Investment - REIT
Any one course from the following:
- ACC 380D - Advance Topics in Financial Reporting
- ACC 380K.7 - Financial Statement Analysis
- FIN 394.5 - Fixed Income Analysis
- LEB 380 - Law of Commercial Real Estate Finance & Development
- CRP 389C - Planning for Land Development
- CRP 385C - Sustainable Urban Econ Development
- CRP 386 - Urban Land Institute Workshop