McCombs Real Estate Investment Fund Overview
The McCombs Real Estate Investment Fund (REIF) is a student-managed investment fund that establishes McCombs as the nation’s pre-eminent real estate educational institution. Select MBA students serve as equity managers with undergraduates, as analysts, handling the day-to-day operations of the fund. Faculty members and an Advisory Board act as mentors and guide students in their investment underwriting and analysis; an outside Investment Committee continually oversees the fund performance. The REIF is unique in the business school because it gives top McCombs MBA and undergraduate finance majors real-money investment experience in a shared classroom environment.
The students participate in all aspects of the investment process including underwriting and closing, asset management and reporting, through the disposition of funds. This multi-million dollar public-private real estate investment fund affords McCombs the distinction of being the only business school in the country where students have the opportunity to manage a fund with both public and private real estate investments as part of their course work.
THE Real Estate Investment FUND IS:
- Focused on U.S.-based REIT securities and direct real estate investment
- Managed by a team of five to eight MBA portfolio managers from our Real Estate MBA program
- Supported by a team of ten to fourteen undergraduate analysts, competitively selected from McCombs undergraduate finance majors
- Overseen on a day-to-day basis by McCombs finance faculty members, including Professors Sheridan Titman, Greg Hallman, and Jay Hartzell
- Advised by an outside advisory board comprised of senior real estate executives